Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Classroom and Bucket Filling!


Hello bloggy friends!
Please head over to my NEW blog and follow me over there.  This blog will no longer be updated or checked for comments!

Take a look at my classroom this year.  My co-teachers and I have gone with an ocean/beach theme this year.  I must say that it was a TON of fun creating all the goodies that we have in our room.  2010-2011 Classroom


We are also doing "Bucket-Filling" this year.  This is such a GREAT way to incorporate being nice to one another.  If you haven't read the book, consider checking it out and possibly incorporating some form of it in your classroom (click on the picture below to order from Amazon.) 
 
Through the use of our bucket-filling, we have created a classroom family.  Each of my students really look out for one another and LOVE filling each others buckets on a daily basis.  It isn't only best friends filling each others buckets, either.  They are filling buckets of students that they normally wouldn't have connected with.  I have seen such positive and endearing moments between the children!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! I love your blog design :) It's gorgeous. I came over to your blog from the bucket filler linky party. Thanks for sharing your ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing this with my kids the last two years, but this year I want to step it up a notch. Can you explain how you are planning on using this board? I see you have the written bucket filler forms and the fuzzy balls. How will you use both? :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! Student 1 says something nice to Student 2, who gets the fuzzy ball? Both of them? And what are the 'bucket filler forms?' that the perevious poster wrote about? Is this where they record what happened? I'd love more information on this, as I'd love to incorporate it into my classroom. I teach Year 2/3 in an all girls school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah! I didnt even knew that there people making goodies for children. Goodies contains very nice things too. Thankyou for sharing. Its amazing.

    ReplyDelete