Hello bloggy friends!
Please head over to my NEW blog and follow me over there. This blog will no longer be updated or checked for comments!
On September 15, 2010, my class and I celebrated "International Dot Day." This day is based off of Peter Reynolds famous book, "The Dot." This is a day to motivate students to celebrate their own creativity. My students made Dot art:
They also went on a photography "dot" scavenger hunt around our school. The goal of the Scavenger hunt was for them to look for "dots" that somehow symbolized how they were making their mark as an Engleman Wildcat! WOW!!! They went above and beyond my imagination. They were so very creative in their quest. Here are some of the things they took a picture of:
- Clock-because in order to be a good Engleman Wildcat, you have to be responsible by being on time to school!
- $500 check from Hy-Vee-because we raise money to help out our school
- Cameras in the ceiling-because "we walk in the halls even when we are being watched." LOL-this one made me chuckle!
- Learning target-in order to learn we have to know what our target is and whether or not we hit the bullseye!
- Golden Sower sticker on books-we make our mark by learning to love to read good books!